Sunday, July 18, 2021

Pink tweedy jacket

Here's another old sew that I wore to work during the week and realised I haven't taken photos of for the blog - a plain jacket in some kind of tweedy polyester blend. The fabric is from Spotlight and certainly isn't anything to write home about; but I really liked the colour blend of pinks and browns. 


Another terrible sewing room shot! I am currently exploding in quilts of all different solids scraps, and there are bits and pieces everywhere. Including half-sewn tops, half-cut pieces, half-quilted sandwiches and new dyeing. I don't know what's going on, but I'm just running with it for now, at some point the mess will irritate me and I'll have a clean up. 


I used this pattern - Vogue 9338 -  but without any of the nonsense on the sleeves. 

I like the clean lines of the slight rise in the collar at the back, and the bust darts work well. It is definitely on the roomy rather than fitted side but that's not always a bad thing.  I could get some kind of closure on the front ... or maybe a pin? Or maybe less is more.


2 comments:

  1. Looks nice and the fabric is beautiful, glad to see someone else's sewing room looks like mine does most of the time....too many projects, not enough sewing time...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at people who do more than one sewing project at a time. And have UFOs. I just plod through one till it's finished and then start another.

    ReplyDelete