Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Flowery velveteen skirt

 Here is a skirt I made ages ago -  in summer, but it is definitely a winter skirt so I wore it to work. It is cold here and a bit foggy in the mornings and dark by the time I get home. 

I bought this floral cotton/poly blend printed velveteen off the sale rack in Spotlight years ago. I do like velvet and anything with a nice texture, but it doesn't exactly lend itself to wearable clothing. I think when I bought it I was thinking of a jacket, but really? Velvet flowery jacket? I would never wear it, but a nice soft skirt, sure.

These are even more terrible photos than usual. I used the McCalls pattern I've used many times before, so it's on a yoke, but not a full circle skirt. I just cut to the maximum width I could from the fabric I had available, so it's a reasonably full a-line. And nice and whirly to wear, and warm! I should wear it with my cape (NO I SHOULDN'T)

The weekend was quiet and fairly dull. Construction noise continues unabated over the back which is not a soothing way to wake up. I have made a formal complaint because that is the kind of person I am but I very much doubt it will make a difference. Back to school this week, which has been a shock to number two ... still another couple of weeks before uni starts up again for number one. Hopefully less nerve-wracking this semester because of the great results achieved in semester one! Not surprising because of the hard work that was put in, but still a relief all round.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, lovely skirt (and well done, number 1. Clever as well as beautiful).

    ReplyDelete