Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The crafting pendulum swings back

It's happened again, the crafting urge has swung - I was starting to miss quilting, and thinking about quilting, and dyeing fabric - so on the weekend I finished up everything weaving-related and started in on some quilting again. In theory I could keep both hobbies going at once but that's not really how I operate; I liked to blast ahead at full speed, so it's better to have clear decks. I finished the scarf that was on the loom, twisted all the fringes, wet finished every scarf and hung them out to dry.

I tidied up my sewing room, looked through my books and thought about what I should start with. I like to start with something scrappy and not too difficult to work my way into it. I thought about doing yet another scrappy trip around the world, but then got distracted into doing something scrappy with a white background. I played around with some patterns and drew up some blocks but couldn't quite find the right block until I saw this on Kerryn's blog - perfect!!!! 

I think it's bigger - 9" finished - and I've done the triangles already, watching Bridgerton. Soooo good to be back at the machine.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, lovely! But I'm NOT MAKING A QUILT TILL I'VE SORTED ALL THE ARCHIVES. I shall enjoy yours, though. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete