Friday, January 29, 2021

Proper beach week

It was Australia Day on Tuesday and I took a couple of days off the previous week - plus the Monday along with everyone else in Australia - to give myself a proper beach week. My husband had to work Monday, number two son was exhausted from volunteering all week at a drama school holiday program and number one son had a shoot in Sydney for Hong Kong Vogue that meant a fourteen hour day ... so no-one was interested in coming with me and I had THE BEST TIME EVER.

But took absolutely no photos! I didn't go for any walks, just swimming twice a day, and I don't take my phone. So you will have to take my word that the sun shone every day, the waves were crackingly good, I sewed, read, swam and didn't drive anywhere or do anything useful at all. I caught up with friends a couple of times and dusted the hallway bookshelf ... but mostly general laziness. The water temperature was beautiful and the swims were always over an hour. 

The town was packed but in a family beachside kind of way. I was a bit outraged at the number of people on the beach because I am quite accustomed to swimming on my own but honestly I didn't get nearer than ten metres to anyone at any point! I don't think Australia has any covid in the community at the moment but I could be wrong. Certainly none was coming anywhere near me. I think my cells were 90% salt water and 10% pinot gris by the end of the week anyway, not much scope for a virus.


However a post needs a photo so here's a beachy cotton top I made. Unflattering but super comfy and cool. It is a green stripe on cream, you can't really tell in this dodgy light.

It was easy to sew and a bit different to usual things and I think I'll wear it a lot for the hotter days. New Look 6284 View C if anyone ever googles it - seems true to size and went together easily.

So now it is back to work and it has rained solidly every day since I came home. Which I am pleased about because if it was beautiful weather I would be even more sad about not being at the beach than I currently am. Which is very very sad.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness, is swimming on your own safe? Don't think I would fancy that. Nice top and lovely smile.

    ReplyDelete