Wednesday, January 13, 2021

A summer flowery skirt

 I'm taking advantage of January to wear pretty skirts into work - I suppose I could do it all year round but I tend not to - boring public sector worker and all that. It seems to call for black polyester. This is a cotton-linen blend skirt that I made in December and I think it's nice.

This is me showing how pockets work.

I hacked a culottes pattern that I already had into a skirt because I wanted pleats at the front, with pockets, and elastic at the back. It was a super easy hack (turning the crotch curve into a straight line basically) and I knew it would fit around the waist because I'd made the pants before. I just did a basic placket at the front with buttons and bob's your uncle.

The fabric was one of my trial purchases from Rainbow Fabrics in Sydney - just a random on-line shop found by googling but inexpensive and I'm really pleased with the quality. It was lovely to sew although will wrinkle a bit, as you can tell the photos. Very satisfying all round.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynley, been to Rainbow Fabrics physical shop a few times precovid - it's a short walk from my daughter's place. Love it, fabric everywhere but I got lots of lovely bargains, all decent fabrics, and great people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's lovely. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete