Monday, December 7, 2020

Windy as heck

It was hot and windy on Saturday, then it rained, and it was cold and windy on Sunday. Not the best kind of weather for doing anything outside but I forced myself to do the 16 km walk on Sunday morning so I would have had some exercise. The lake was brown from the rain and white-capped from the wind and VERY unappealing. Usually Sunday morning is yacht racing and dragon boating but not today. 

There were still quite a few people out and about though, biking slowly into the wind or running happily in the other direction. It doesn't matter so much when you're walking.

Saturday I did lots of errands, which was satisfying but I forgot that Christmas shopping is upon us and the shops were PACKED. The boys have not expressed much interest in presents this year so they could be getting bugger all if they don't give me some ideas soon. Or I could chuck cash at them I suppose. I was set on finding a pair of white lace up summer shoes, which I did, and they are nicer than they sound - not lawn bowls shoes, honestly. 

1 comment:

  1. 16k - I don't really do k but it's 9 and a half miles - impressive! We don't ever really walk that far, or only by mistake. But then we're both in our 70s now. Still, go you!

    ReplyDelete