Friday, December 4, 2020

A rayon dress

One of the sundresses that I made at the beach is so comfortable that I've started wearing it to work - you can snazzy anything up with tights and a jacket! Rayon is lovely to wear but a bit of a curse to sew with; too slippery. Luckily this dress has hardly any seams.

It is a raglan sleeve with a centre back seam but absolutely zero shaping anywhere else. So yes, a sack, but at the same time it falls nicely through the body and of course is incredibly easy to wear. It does need ironing after washing but that won't kill me. These photos were taken by the 6'2" number one son so are on a downward slope! I am trying to be cool sewing blogger with this pose but I think the background is not working in my favour (although I am so happy with my new kitchen that I would put it in every photo if I could).

This photo I took in the mirror to try and show the raglan sleeve seams but of course you can't see a thing in the print. Which is good. And the inside of the seams are beautifully finished with my lovely overlocker, which does make a very nice edge. And this is the pattern - it is designed for knits but seems to work fine on wovens for me - because I am not making anything tightfitting! Plenty of room to pull it over my head and then float away from the blubber rolls.

1 comment: