Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Heatwave at the beach

This weekend was the first of the summer heatwaves - cracking 40 across most of the south-east - and I very very happily spent it at the beach. The heat was coming from westerly winds which means even our place was scorching; one of the handful of days a year when we think maybe we should get air-conditioning. But there is a cure for that, jump in the water, which is still freezing. Wonderfully beautifully freezing. I wore a short wetsuit and stayed in for over an hour both days, and then late in the afternoon a cool change came through and dropped the temperature 15 degrees in half an hour.


As well as swimming I sewed and read and ate. The roof guy came at 6.40 am on Saturday which was a bit early but he repaired the skylight that had been leaking and some other roof-related activities. I didn't get up to inspect it ... but saw his photos. Seems fine (?) and I had a nap in the afternoon after my swim. It was a perfect couple of days and I can't wait for the long Christmas break.

1 comment: