Wednesday, July 29, 2020

The skirt

Here is the skirt that I reclaimed from the failed dress. It is very simple, and quite hard to photograph ... although my husband took twenty and these are the only ones in focus (and they are only just in focus). To be fair, I was moving around a lot, and the dog was getting in the way.



There is not much to say about it anyway - darts at the front, elastic at the back, and a lot of shaping of the side seams to get a reasonably streamlined line. I put a back seam in too to come in under the butt, not that you can really notice. I can't take two stairs at a time in it but other than that it is exremely comfortable.



The fabric is a printed scuba knit from Spotlight so it's heavy, will never fray, and is only turned once at the hem. It is also slightly shiny (but in a good way) and has a pink stripe that goes with my favourite pink coat. It is very nice to have a sewing success for once!


EDITED TO ADD: My son doesn't have COVID (not that we thought he did) - they texted him on Monday morning which was very efficient, and meant that he could leave the house if he wanted to. I don't think he has yet.

And..... this is my 1000th post!!!! It is every bit as trivial as the previous 999, but that is OK by me.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's all very good! Nice skirt. Also nice legs, if this isn't too personal a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased about the no-Covid. Nice sewing.

    ReplyDelete