Tuesday, July 21, 2020

An extraction

It was a quiet weekend here in Canberra heights - my husband had a wisdom tooth out on Friday under general anaesthetic and he was a bit sore and swollen. Not as bad as we both thought it would be, but still not exactly a barrel of laughs, poor baby. We probably needed a break from the social frenzy of the weekend before; I went for some long walks and he ate soft food. The most excitement was when I had to do a mall run to get a new stick blender ... there weren't many people out and about which was good.


I had to go to a couple of places to get the correct brand of stick blender (and even then I couldn't find it) including a shopping centre I haven't been to for years - it has animatronic zoo animals. This is the zebra and it moves and neighs ... it is every bit as creepy and offputting as that sounds. The lions were worse because they were also slightly motheaten.  Other than that number two son went for a picnic with friends to mark the end of the school holidays and number one son helped another friend move into his own apartment! And then a bunch of them stayed the night! And went to a pub for dinner! Such grownupness.

2 comments:

  1. I know! This grownupness continues apace and then they marry unsuitable people and move away!!! It's terrible!!! As are the zebras...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I saw a programme partly about Canberra the other day. How very interesting. All planned and everything. I didn't know any of that. There were drone shots of the old and new parliament buildings (so much nicer than our very weird Scottish ones). I didn't see you, though. They should have interviewed you.

    ReplyDelete