Painting of the art studio continues. It is taking forever and we are sick of it. The floor did go in on Monday which is progress - it is commercial vinyl and I haven't taken a picture yet because he left logs on the floor holding down patches until the glue dries. I don't think he normally uses logs but they were lying around. Speaking of logs, this photo is of the gum tree that had to have a few branches taken off it so the concrete truck could get in. The tree looks much better for it, and it took me five wheelbarrows to get that tiny pile of logs off to the woodpile. It looks much tinier in this photo than it was.
We've had two mornings of minus six degrees which were unbelievably cold. Our ute got left outside and refuses to start now so we have to figure that one out. Our pipes froze over so my husband went down the hardware first thing to buy some lagging and they didn't freeze on the second cold night, so it must have done some good. Apparently he wasn't the only one in the shop buying it. Some of my broadbeans are looking a bit sad but I don't think it's the frost. We haven't had any rain so I better give them a water.
The electrician spent all Sunday here (he is young and has deeply overcommitted himself) installing our new EV charger. So now we don't have to use a very slow plug in the garage but can park it outside the house and charge at about six times the rate of the outlet plug. Very exciting. I have programmed it to charge during the day when we have that free electricity window ... our solar panels are still producing three fifths of nothing. We shall see if it improves in summer.
I have started pruning the roses - slightly early but it's such a massive job that I may as well start. It's so much easier than last year! I am dealing with roses and not demented prickly trees. I think I am being a bit less ruthless this year too - I still have no idea what I'm doing but I'll see how this goes.
And I have been keeping toasty warm in this glorious woolly cardigan. No, I didn't knit it, my mother knitted it for me when I was at uni. I haven't worn it in thirty years but I couldn't throw it out - not one of mum's handknits! - so I'm now wearing it. It is super cosy, and I did not brush my hair for this photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment