Friday, July 31, 2026

More block printed bags


I've had another flurry with the block printing and turning them into bags. This was mostly inspired by the six tubs of fabric printing ink I scored from the local Vinnies op shop for $4 each ... opened but mostly full and they retail for $25 each so I was very pleased. It is nicer to work with than acrylic paint mixed with fabric medium and also washes up to be much softer.



These are all the same bag pattern with a few tweaks as I went. Lined, with fabric handles and a contrast band around the top.


I interfaced them with a very stiff interfacing which makes them hold their shape well ... but also makes them papery and gives a peculiar texture. 


I don't hate it but it's definitely a look and I think it detracts from the block print.


And goodness me, a Lynley print! I carved the block myself to make my very own logo, just like Louis Vuitton but cooler. And more unique. This one I lined with thin fusible batting and it is much softer. I also put a magnetic closure on this one - super fancy! 



I haven't given it an outing yet but I will take it to the shops and see if anyone notices. Actually I should take it to garden club because many people don't know my name and I can just point to my bag. That wouldn't be strange AT ALL.



And sometimes sewing is delayed because I don't have the heart to turf the cat off my chair. At this time of year it is the sunniest spot in the house, and she looks so comfortable....

No comments:

Post a Comment