Wednesday, September 18, 2024

More ancient history

It's definitely spring, although we are still putting the fire on most nights, because it is pretty. My husband has sanded and re-varnished the garage door and it looks AMAZING, I am very impressed. He has a can of varnish left over so will do the front door as well. 

We are continuing to go through the tubs. Here is my graduation photo, with exactly the haircut I have now! I went through many many hair variations from there to here ... thirty five years worth. But hey you work with what you have. 

When I became an officially recognised de facto spouse (for the purposes of the Australian government paying to move me to Australia, excellent lurk, five stars) I had to have a medical exam. This is what the doctor wrote. Apparently I was outraged at the time ... I am STILL outraged. Well built indeed.  Who says that? NO DEFORMITIES??????

And this is my lifetime driver's license that the NZ government went through a phase of issuing. You got your license - no photo - and kept it for 55 years. So this license was all mine at the age of 15 (because that was the appropriate age for operating a vehicle apparently) and has not yet expired. I don't think it is valid any more because they changed the rules but I am still amazed that anyone thought that was a good idea.

1 comment: