Thursday, August 8, 2024

Here there and everywhere part 1

Work has been keeping me busy traipsing around the countryside ... literally traipsing last week when we went to look at a proposed fire trail in the hilly bush about an hour south-west of Brisbane. You have to walk it to get an idea of the lay of the land apparently! The land lay very steep, let me tell you.

I am an OK walker but not so much with hills, so I had been practising going up the trig point behind my house, which is a decent enough climb. But I failed on this one ... we went up an equivalent of one trig point, which I managed fine, then another, which I struggled through, then another ... after which I gave up. There were a couple of people who were quite happy to wait with me (for 'health and safety reasons') while the others persevered to the end then came back. It was steep! But you can never tell in photos.

Very pretty countryside though. We had one bit without a trail at all so trudged through long grass and over boulders while they talked about the endemic fauna that seems to mostly be death adder variants and a rare frog. 

I over-nighted in Brisbane (i.e. collapsed with room service) then worked the next day with this amazing view! The 36th floor, and it was one of those beautiful clear Brisbane winter's days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment