Wednesday, March 22, 2023

The abstract art

This is what I'm working on at the moment - shapes, doodles, colours. Some watercolour paint, some gouache, some marker pens, some fineliner pens, some paint pens. I am having a very lovely time doing this and it is making me very happy. Not least because I got to go and buy a 75 pack of posca paint pens which are LOVELY although I got the Japanese ones and have no idea what is written on the side. I am assuming I can use a paint pen without instructions and there are no secrets I'm missing?


I was initially inspired by Anita Winterz and her 'intuitive art'. I am not sure about the emotional benefits but I did think that everything she did was pretty, so that's where I started. Here is an earlier one.


And another one below, with less in it, I'm not sure it works so well. It is so much fun that I look forward to it at the end of the day - I'm assuming I'll get sick of it at some point! There is a sunroom in the new house that will be my art room but it's not very big (and also very attractive as a sunroom) so I am googling 'backyard art studios'. Apparently you can just drop one in without planning permission and it is incredibly tempting.


1 comment: