Friday, March 17, 2023

Last heatwave

Now that we are officially in autumn Australia has decided to have a little heatwave. Not last weekend when I was actually at the beach, goodness no, just during the week when all I get to do is sit inside. I have very tall windows at my back (which is lovely, not complaining) that face due north so when we get anything warm that isn't in the middle of summer my office gets very warm. And snoozy. Not good.

I am doing a lot of abstract art at the moment (scribbles! doodles! circles!) but I keep forgetting to take photos. So without any pictures I give you this photo of me and my grotty high school friends drinking what appears to be vodka in what I know is a camping ground at Waihi Beach over New Year's weekend at the end of 1987. Were we legal drinking age? No. Were we supposed to have fifteen teenage girls in a campground cabin? No. Were we the epitome of 1980s fashion and style? Absolutely not. My god. I'm the one at the front with the red cup, rocking a spiral perm and a never-heard-of-melanoma tan.

2 comments:

  1. So 80s chic, love it :-) Including the vodka out of plastic cups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the eye didn't see the heart didn't grieve. Are you sure 1987? How did you ever persuade your mother to let you go there then?

    ReplyDelete