Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Pacific Ocean

I had a busy week at work fighting to stay awake (changes in time zones) before spending the weekend at my own favourite ocean - the Pacific. It wasn't very tropical though; a bit rainy and a bit cool. But I still swam, went for walks, admired the scenery.

Here are some very boring photos of our new blinds - can you take a decent photo of blinds? I don't think so, but I'm still showing them because we are very pleased. They let just the right amount of light through, and then pull up into a small header inside the frame so make the whole place look much lighter. And proper hardware not those shitty roman cords that were always getting tangled and breaking. 

Obviously a project there to fill the old screw holes and do some re-painting. It will be done, in the fullness of time. You can't rush these things. 

We decided not to go with the horizontal blinds you can put over sliding doors - they looked a bit like those daggy 1970s plastic concertina doors - and they were $2000 each. So instead we replaced our manky old cream curtains with new $49 ones from Ikea. They are quite thin and fairly crappy material but they look lovely, and we like that they let the light in! And a matching rug. How stylish .... makes the whole place just a bit more yellow. That is, makes the whole place better, because yellow is always better, as we know.


And I made some boring black work pants which means I used my christmas present for the first time - a pair of proper scissors!!!!! Like a grown up, I now have an actual pair of dressmaking scissors that cuts BEAUTIFULLY. It made me happy to cut the pants out.

1 comment: