Sunday, June 26, 2022

Drawing badly

So after peculiar buildings I have moved onto peculiar faces. I am doing a drawing Domestika now and finding it very interesting. I have never really believed that practice makes you better (why aren't I good it at IMMEDIATELY WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME) but this latest course is about taking the pressure off and just doing bad drawings over and over. Which I can do! Then you see which ones aren't as bad as the others, and perhaps why, and keep going.

As a result, I now have a sketchbook full of pages and pages of scary not-quite-human faces. From the side. I find it much easier to draw people facing to my left. Is it because I am right-handed?

From the front. I just use random photos or drawings of people on the internet to copy (and these look nothing like any of them).

In marker pens, and pencils, cartoons, real, big or little.

All pretty terrible to be honest, and not getting noticeably any better. But it is a pleasant way to occupy my hands while watching Gogglebox UK and Hoarders. Classy!

1 comment:

  1. Some of these are slightly scary.... Pam

    ReplyDelete