Monday, February 14, 2022

A mixed bag of beach

Another quick beach weekend after a parliamentary sitting week - after my four week extravaganza a piddly two days seems ridiculously quick. It was a bit of a mixed bag with weather; Saturday was cold, rainy and windy. I went for a short walk but it was a bit unpleasant.


Sunday was glorious though and the waves were amazing! And the water is super warm, well relatively warm, it never gets exactly tropical. But warm enough to not squeal when you get in and to stay happily in for hours. There were heaps of people there and it was all just lovely, until the point where you have to go home, which is horrible. But if I go to the beach every weekend and work long hours I shouldn't have to spend much time there at all, which is good.


The other mixed bag about the weekend was that the friends who had come to stay after I left did not leave the house in an entirely adequate condition. We had emphasised the need to deadlock the doors (after their last stay) but they didn't, so I was annoyed when I got through the front door but busting for the loo, so noticed the lights left on but went straight to the toilet which had not been cleaned at all and was super disgusting, so my irritation level after three minutes in the house was really quite high. I took a photo of the toilet bowl and sent it to my husband so he could share my pain ... in hindsight that was probably a strange thing to do? But he said he would have done exactly the same, we can be odd together. So I spent Saturday crossly discovering new gross things, and feeling slightly psycho because it's not really that big of a deal, but as we know that is my happy place and I don't like my happy place having other people's dirty tissues. Or wet towels. Or wet swimmers. Or food scraps. Or not deadlocked in ALL external doors. 

Number two has been in contact from Melbourne including a facetime last night. He is having a ball, orientation activities, gone to a party, met up with some course-mates, walked home from the city with housemates then cooked 2 am noodles, went to the beachfront ... it all sounds lovely. His room-mate has turned up too, from Tasmania, seems quiet but that is surely a good thing in a room-mate. We miss him, the house is very quiet without his comings and goings. 

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, that was horrible of your friends. I wouldn't let them use it again! What an abuse of your kindness. However, glad that Son 2 is having a good time.

    ReplyDelete