Wednesday, January 6, 2021

My christmas shirt

Here is a shirt I made in December and wore for Christmas-related celebrations. Not many of course - especially not big work ones, thank you covid - but I did wear it to work on Christmas Eve where there may have been a little morning tea for the few remaining workers.


It is yet another Deer and Doe melilot shirt without the collar but with sleeves. It is a heavier cotton and I think the pattern works better in lighter fabrics, but it was still an easy make and it fits me fine. I thought the little deer were reindeer but they don't have antlers, so it could just be a deer shirt that has nothing to do with christmas at all ... I will call them reindeer and so they shall be. Gosh I look a bit pale and tired in this photo - I think the week before the break we were all starting to wear out a bit. 

The sideways deer on the pockets was definitely a conscious design decision, and not just randomly how they turned out. No no no.

3 comments:

  1. I hadn't noticed but now that I have... ahem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kept looking for a reindeer with a red nose... Nice job on the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't cost a lot of dough or buck any trend, nor is it a shade of fawn or made in velvet but in hindsight it was a roaring success.

    ReplyDelete