Monday, January 11, 2021

Finally a summery weekend

The forecast was for heat and sun so I went down the beach Friday after work and came back as late as possible on Sunday; and it was glorious. Perfect beach weather and decent waves. Crowds of people of course, but that's OK, it's nice to see everyone out and about enjoying themselves. 


The South Coast continues to sit in a covid-free zone ... even though it could change overnight I felt comfortable to go down there. I'm not actually worried about catching the virus, given I don't go out at all, it's just being forced into self-isolation in Canberra if Bateman's Bay suddenly flares up as a hot spot. I have a few friends who were caught out by the sudden Brisbane lock down and Canberra's imposition of a iso period - a quick holiday turns into a sad fortnight at home. Or a happy fortnight at home, depending on how you look at it. 


I went for a lot of swims, caught some big waves, got completely dumped by waves, did a bit of sewing and read some books. I laughed at a lot of memes inspired by the storming of the capitol (yes, I know it's serious, but it was also a gift to the humorists of the world). The rest of the family stayed at home and went to the water park with mates / shopped for a new bed / bought the promised Christmas present / did a lot of washing. And now back to work....

2 comments:

  1. Someone in your house did a lot of washing and it wasn't you? Truly you are the younger generation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach looks fabulous. We are back at work this week and the temperatures are in the mid to late 20s. At least I can justify spraying the hose at work to keep littlies cool :-)

    ReplyDelete