Thursday, November 7, 2019

Baby quilts

I've taken a break from my solids fiesta to make a couple of baby quilts for babies-to-be. This one is based on colours from the blue and red print at lower right - I like blue and red together. And reasonably gender-neutral? I don't know if young parents are still stridently anti-pink for their girls, I remember my mothers' group all tried to be until the girls were about two and started insisting on pink everything. Or some of them did, some of them never cared.


Shoo-fly blocks with a nice red dot on the border. I got sent a photo of new baby on the orange and green baby quilt  - she is a very pretty little girl with a head of dark hair. Gosh my babies were bald. Until the first tinge of carrots came through :) We are off tonight to see number two son in the high school production of "Little Shop of Horrors". He is playing the dentist, which will give him the chance to chew the scenery in complete happiness. Although I shouldn't judge him in advance, it might be a subtle and nuanced performance. I will report back.



Here are the beautiful lilies our house guests gave us two weeks ago. Just tight buds then, and they have exploded into these wonderful pink blooms. You can smell them from the driveway! Absolutely beautiful, I must remember to buy myself flowers more.

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely. Of course, I'm still finishing off the baby quilt I started in September... not being a production line like you. You're astonishing. I don't know how on earth you do it. Practice, I suppose. Maybe?

    ReplyDelete