Thursday, November 21, 2019

It's Thursday again!

How did a week go past so quickly? Admittedly yesterday was a write-off with another of the hideous mini-migraines I now get thanks to evil hormonal drugs of doom. Cancer, the gift that keeps on giving. Four years of these injections, a couple of dozen migraines, ten kilos of additional weight and joint pain too, although I might just be getting old and arthritic. Anyway, yesterday I lay quietly. I did have number one son at home for company - he had his last day of school on Tuesday!!!


Unbelievable. Not sure what's going on with his hair there either. This week and next week are exams so some pressure but it's not too hideous. The exams are only for the final of his six semesters that he's done over the past two years that make up his university entrance score - it's not all or nothing like in my day! Thank heavens, I don't think any of us could cope with the stress of that. And then he will be done with school, my tiny baby. Horrifying.


I took off to the beach again last weekend because it was meant to be hot and sunny ... it was in Canberra but not at the beach. The photo above was on Saturday about 5 pm when I went for a long walk. Quite enjoyable but I had to come back and have a hot shower. The wind was biting. 



Sunday was nicer, with another long walk, but I wasn't tempted to swim. I did a lot of sewing though, made two shirts which I will photograph at some point. It was lovely to have a couple of quiet days pottering about. The kayak hire place has started selling coffee, which means lots of people sitting about happily. Including two police officers with a wagon on Sunday morning - I had hoped they were arresting riotous fisherfolk but no. Just having coffee.



1 comment:

  1. It is indeed horrifying. But worse is to come... He'll leave home in due course. Argh.

    ReplyDelete