Thursday, December 13, 2018

Mohair number four and alpaca number one

This isn't quite the last ball of mohair, but I think it's the last one I'll do for a while! The warp is the lovely alpaca blend I got at the same time as the mohair, in a very nice denim grey/blue. It went on the loom beautifully.


The warp is alternating mohair and some more of the variegated wool that I used for the felted scarf. The variegation takes ages to repeat when you only use it for every second row, and it looks much more blue than in the other scarves. I suppose that's because of the blue warp, but the other scarves were very pink, and this is hardly pink at all. Just at the ends.



This was a fun weave and made a very snuggly scarf. Not very elegant perhaps, but warm and cuddly. I love the fluffy alpaca tassels.

1 comment:

  1. I can't help feeling that your hobbies aren't particularly boiling-weather-appropriate, though lovely. I hope the dog's feeling better and your Christmas tree's now up - unlike ours. We don't get it till Saturday, since we're real-tree people.

    ReplyDelete