Friday, December 21, 2018

Alpaca number three

The blue/grey alpaca went on the warp so beautifully that I thought I would do one that was just alpaca - with a more spacious sett and wider, for a shawl. And it worked! I'm so pleased with it.


Not pleased with the photography though. I tried to use the wardrobe door handles again to give an idea of the width and drape, but it just looks strange.



Using myself as a model didn't work very well either! But you get the idea. I have already pulled it out in the evening when the sun went down and we were sitting outside, and it was perfect for that. Light, and soft, but lovely and warm.



Apparently you can try and shape things on the loom to make them a bit more shawl-like. I'm going to investigate further because I don't see how it could possibly work....

1 comment: