Saturday, May 12, 2018

Finished my lemoyne stars

And here is part two of the white-with-scraps ... the lemoyne stars. Points chopped off, no thought given to the colours and bordered with a random print.


I thought there were too many seams to do complex quilting, so went with a design that avoided the seams altogether. Circles in each of the squares joined together by a straight line. I called it "Please disregard my previous email" because my binding was being interrupted by having to respond to work things, and perhaps I wasn't always sending the right email to the right person. Oooops.



Winter has hit with a vengeance, which is a sudden sharp change, and one I possibly wasn't prepared for. I had to work late a couple of nights this week after not being outside all day, so left the building at 8.30 Thursday evening feeling  very grumpy and sorry for myself .... to be hit by two degrees and pelting sleety rain. I stomped to the car feeling very hard done by indeed.



2 comments:

  1. I like that close, bubble wrap effect. That's real quilting in my book. Weather has just changed here too with a deluge of cold rain just when I was heading off to golf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here thinking, maybe I could do this...? But look at all the triangles....hmm.

    ReplyDelete