So this is what the blues and crumbs turned into - big and blue and quilted in lines.
The straight line quilting was easier than I thought it was going to be, although I didn't intend to change the direction of the lines until after I started. I thought it might be a bit boring with all the lines going the same way. It worked out fine but there is a patch (bottom right) where I finished up, and I ended up with way too much fabric all bunching up in a very inelegant manner. I am, as I've said before, a Very Poor Quilter and there is a fair bit of fudging and the occasional (gasp) pleat in the top to get it all done.
I marked it with my frixion pen as I went and was absolutely paranoid about making sure it was the right pen each time. I do not want normal ink on my quilts ever again; Ultimate Grand Supreme (the one with the pen) is on my older son's bed at the moment and every time I say goodnight to him I cringe. Luckily he'll spill food / toothpaste / marker pen on it before too long and I can give it another solid washing.
Here is a close up of the triangle border. I am almost at the end at my ball of leftover binding! A couple of nice big scrap tops that can be bound in random fabrics and it's nearly all used up. And it is so nice to have the binding already made and you just roll it out.
This quilt is called "Kinky Renee" because I had a line from an old Whitlams song absolutely stuck in my head while I was sewing down the binding ... the line is "gun-toting trigger-happy tranny named Kinky Renee" but that wouldn't all fit on the label. Sometimes quilts name themselves.