Sunday, June 26, 2011

Little felty flowers

My first little woolly things are flowers! It seems appropriate. This is great fun - I sort of think of a shape, then cut it out from a piece of felt, and sew it on. Colours are whatever I think is pretty, and threads are whatever I think might look good, and then I stick it on whatever bit of the grey stuff is closest.


I'm sure this would work out much better in the end if I had a design, and a plan, and a pattern, and put a bit of effort and thought into shapes or placement ... but I just can't bring myself to.


Next I'm going to do a little sun. I'm getting inspiration from the very clever people here - aren't these cute? They have pdf patterns but I don't use them, I just look at the picture and wing it. If I wanted to print off the pattern I'd have to walk ten metres to the other computer, and that's not going to happen. Not while Toddlers and Tiaras is on. There seems to be a lot of geographical overlap between mad-keen quilters and mad-keen pageant families. Coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment