Tuesday, November 28, 2023

The beach and another blue dress

It was a bit rainy on the weekend but I still went to the beach and had some lovely swims. Friends came over for a swim and lunch, and I did a little bit of sewing. Nothing much to report really! 

My summer project is doing a bit of urban sketching of my little beach town, so I took some photos of suitable candidates - the old beach houses that are slowly being replaced with much fancier places. They're not super architecturally interesting but I am happy just to draw simple squares! In fact it's probably better if I stick to simple squares.

Here is another blue cotton dress I made - too short for work but perfect for the summer. Box pleats at the waistline this time, it is a reasonably heavy cotton so I didn't want to gather it.

1 comment: