Thursday, April 20, 2023

Last of the abstracts

I have stuck all my abstracts to the mirror door of my cupboard, and it is now full, so time to move onto other things. But it was fun while it lasted. The two below are where you make shapes out of little marks, or doodles, or symbols. There is an amazing artist who does incredibly detailed paintings like this, but it is definitely not for me. Too fiddly.

Here is a slightly bigger one, which was enjoyable, although I used a 300 gsm rough watercolour paper and the markers don't like it as much. It's a bit harder to get an even colour.

And these were exploring other shapes, and colours and backgrounds. I love them, and will probably do more in the future, but I'm now learning acrylic painting! Time for a new set of skills (and new stuff to buy, of course, shopping is half the fun....)

1 comment:

  1. So inventive! Beautiful. I take it that you no longer have to do much practical Mumming? These look very time-consuming. And the house... looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete