Tuesday, April 18, 2023

A couple more Easter pics

I left the folk festival on the second to last day to go down to the beach and meet up with a friend and her family over from NZ - they were doing a road trip along the coast and stayed a couple of days at our place. It was lovely to catch up with them all, and show them my little slice of paradise :) Although NZ is very well served with its own beautiful beaches. They left early Easter Monday to drive up to Sydney to fly home, so I had a quiet day with some lovely swims (water is still amazingly warm) before back to work on Tuesday.

On my drive down on Sunday I stopped by the new house to eat a chocolate brownie quietly on the verandah (I didn't have keys). It was very tranquil. My dad is over at the moment from NZ so we took him out last weekend to get garden advice ... I also ran the vacuum over it and opened the windows and lit the fire. Not strictly necessary but important to make the effort and appease the domestic gods.


It is very lovely and the pines are super swooshy. Just a constant rustle with cows in the distance and not much else. I think tenants are moving in next week so no more drive-bys....

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Dad got to see it before the tenants move in. I wonder if he was itching to get stuck in or quailing at the thought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely itching ... and with plenty of suggestions!

    ReplyDelete