Thursday, December 1, 2022

Shit beach photography

My husband follows a Facebook group 'Shit bird photography' which he finds highly enjoyable and even contributes to on occasion. I took a photo of a pied oystercatcher in the creek that probably qualifies ... although he says that if you've got all the bird in the photo and you can actually tell it's a bird then it's too good for the group.


He also follows 'Shit brick fences of Melbourne', which is apparently another winner. I like 'Disapproving Corgis' (where people post pictures of their corgis looking disapproving) and of course God who is very funny. Here is an arty photo of those fluffy things on sticks that mean beach and summer to me. I have never known what these things are called so I googled "fluffy beach plants" and they are apparently hare's tail or bunny tail grass, native to the Mediterranean but naturalized in Australia and NZ (lagurus ovatus). There you go, I have learned something.


I had a great beach weekend - slightly longer than expected because there was a crash on the highway coming home. There's a sign about twenty minutes in with road information and it said there was a crash about an hour further on, and delays expected ... so I called my husband to google it and it was road closed in both directions, people trapped in cars, helicopters etc. So I turned around and went back to the beach house for another night and drove up Monday morning. Which is tiring, but better than sitting for four hours in a queue, without snacks. Or indeed better than being helicoptered to a hospital, poor things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment