Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Made from Celeste

This scarf is another one with Bendigo Woollen Mills wool - this is "Celeste" and it's 85% wool, 10% alpaca and 5% silk ... and it's lovely. A bit denser than the 50/50 bamboo wool, but soft and drapey and very warm. And delightful to weave being a smooth 8 ply (a lot less of a struggle than the very furry variegated wool).



This is three red three blue on the warp, then one red one blue on the weft. It creates different patterns on each side, which is interesting. I think I prefer the one on the left that looks like little boxes. The colours in the photo below are much more true to life - the one on the chair is a bit dark.



On the weekend I visited two of Canberra's wool shops (the only two I think) and had a good rummage around. There are lots of very lovely things, and I bought a skein or two, but not nearly as much as I could have! Look at this lovely wool....


1 comment:

  1. Very lovely. I like the little boxes too. It's like magic!

    ReplyDelete