Monday, October 22, 2018

Wild storms


I managed to get a beach weekend for the first time for a while ... and there were rocketing storms all Saturday afternoon and evening. Wonderful to get the rain of course - apparently some even fell in Canberra - but it hampered my plan for long walks and fresh air.


There was a huge swell and lots of surfers. I paddled but didn't swim, although there were quite a few families on the beach and in the water (Saturday morning that is, before the storms came through). What it is with toddlers and not feeling the cold? Some of them were completely blue and still having fun. At least the weather did help with my plans for sewing, eating and watching the Wentworth by-election.


And then on Sunday it was a lovely clear sunny day and I got a proper walk in - down to the river to say hello to the pelicans before driving back home on Sunday afternoon. I swear that a weekend used to be a reasonable period of time and it now it barely seems more than five minutes long.

1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely Lyl. Was a 3-day weekend here and it still flew by...

    ReplyDelete