Sunday, September 27, 2026

Christmas explosion

My quilt group is having a sale table at the exhibition in November - and we decided to sell christmas table runners. I'm not 100% sure why, but we have lots of christmas fabric and patchwork table runners are nice to look at and (comparatively) easy to do.  We had friends stay on Tuesday night on their way from Brisbane to Melbourne - a three day drive, we were the second night - which was lovely. They arrived about 7 pm so we met them at the pub and were able to get a seat by the fire - the cold change had come through and Queenslanders are very soft :) Then I went down the coast again on Wednesday to get away from the builders and make some table runners.

I had a three-day sewing fiesta. Made a big mess, didn't cook much, went for some walks and made four table runners which is probably enough. 

I still have to sew the binding down on this one. Nothing fancy but satisfying to do.

They all look quite old-fashioned, I'm not sure why. I picked fabrics from the shed and I might have gone a bit more traditional than usual. 

The beach was beautiful as usual. Wednesday it rained for hours, which was much needed. It is scary dry down there at the moment and hopefully a day's rain has helped with the upcoming summer. 

Thursday and Friday were much hotter and I went for some lovely walks. I could perhaps have gone swimming but it was a bit windy. 


1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the table runners--that was quick work, too;)))) Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete