We had another burn pile for bits and bobs lying about. Sadly it was a day I had quilters and art class so I didn't get to light things on fire, but my husband had a lovely time.
My role was limited to taking nine? ten? ute-loads of wood down to the bottom paddock. Yep, I drove our ute to one part of our vast acreage, threw lots and lots of shitty pine onto it, then drove it to another part of our vast acreage and made a big pile. It felt very countrified, and getting rid of it felt even better. That pine is never-ending, and you can't burn it 100% of the time or it gunks up the chimney. Apparently.
I pulled apart some of the burnt-down compost bins too, so I could take it to the burn pile and finish the job. Also bits of crap wood from the lavender shed re-vamp (still in progress) and a heap we meant to chip but it's now too dry and dead to chip properly.
I took a photo of the smoke as I rode off to quilters on my bike. We had to take some trees down on the shared access road a while ago (professional job, they were enormous). One of our neighbours has put iron flowers in the stump. I think they look very cute.
My garlic is up ... just another six months before harvesting! It is not a speedy crop.
I also had a birthday. We threw away all the old manky birthday candles when we moved house so I got a household candle. It worked perfectly well and the cake was delicious. Number one and girlfriend came out to stay the night and we went out for dinner and then had cake and played scrabble by the fire. Perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment