My husband had a birthday. We don't deliberately time our trip so that he gets a chocolate cake cooked by his mum, but it is very nice when it turns out that way.
It was also a chance to try the car on a two day journey - it definitely took two full days, but we had no hiccups charging. Sadly I am now a fan of the Tesla supercharging stops ... mainly because there are twelve of them at a time. We had a couple of times of turning up to a shopping mall that had four chargers; to find one broken, one the other type of plug and two taken by people who were probably off doing their shopping. The infrastructure has not quite kept up with the number of cars, and the summer holidays could be a bit exciting. We might stay home.
I also bought a new phone because mine was losing charge at a ridiculous rate, and I'd already replaced the battery twice. The new phone has a much nicer camera, so I took a lot of arty photos. Of trees and things. And people.
This is the city looking back from the art gallery. We went into the city twice - once to the art gallery and once to the modern art gallery - and took the opportunity to walk around West End, which is an old working class suburb (now quite fancy) in the middle of town. Most of my husband's ancestors seem to have been born, lived and died within two blocks of each other; I've heard lots of stories so it was nice to wander around.
I took arty photos of old houses.
We went on a rainforest walk (damp, lots of trees, do not recommend).
Other than that it was a lovely few days of sitting and chatting, bracketed by two days at each end of driving and driving. Great to get away and great to come home again.
No comments:
Post a Comment