Thursday, December 14, 2023

Buildings and streetscapes

I'm really getting into the urban sketching. Not getting any better, but it's lovely to be playing about with watercolours again and, as a genre, it seems to be aimed at beginners. There are heaps of ideas and how-tos out in the world. So here you have random street scenes from around the world, as reduced to paint and paper by me. I think this is Thailand.


This one is definitely Japan because it said so on the photo. These are from Youtube videos by Jillee Arts who does lovely sketches. I don't sketch along though - I'm finding that too stressful. I watch her video, download the reference image, and take it from there by myself. So I end up somewhere quite different, but I can then go back and see why hers is so much better :)


This is a cafe in Prague, apparently. Nice.


This is just a random picture of a house that I thought might be useful to practice roof lines and odd balconies. And to see if I can paint 'derelict', which I think it gives? Maybe?


And another Jillee Arts one. I call this "jesus, I'd love a coffee" because I stuffed up painting the person so badly that I thought a FULL BEARD was the best way to fix it. 



1 comment:

  1. Well, as usual I'm impressed. Also by son number 2's achievement - well done him.

    ReplyDelete