Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Holiday in New Zealand

We have spent the last two weeks having a lovely holiday in NZ - the delayed July adventure for my Dad's 80th. The kids couldn't make the rescheduled trip (they will go separately in January) so just the two of us, and we had a fabulous time. Lots of family, lots of food, lots of talking and then a nice touristy week in Wellington walking about and catching up with friends.

I won't share photos of the family as they might not like being plastered across the internet. But here are my Dad's tangelos. The citrus is crazy, we stuffed ourselves.

We snuck off for a night mid-family to a coastal resort - beautiful and felt very isolated. It wasn't really (just an hour out of Auckland) but lots of sky and sea and not many people.

Black sand beach on the west coast - the picture above - the one below is on the east coast so white sand. It is less than an hour from where I grew up but I'd never been there! It was wild, apparently someone got taken by a shark there last year and I can totally believe it. 

We had lovely weather but apparently they have had truckloads of rain. This is the Waikato River running behind the Hamilton Botanical Gardens ... looks full and dangerous. The gardens were amazing though, well worth an explore.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I wondered where you were. It looks lovely. I always wanted to go to NZ but in fact probably won't, now. Ditto Iceland. Don't leave things too late, you young person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me, by the way. Pam

    ReplyDelete