Thursday, August 26, 2021

Making Music with My Friends

Another solids quilt! This is the little flying geese on an angle blocks. Not much to say about it really, what you see is what you get. I like the orange. All colours were completely random!

Nothing much to say about the quilting either, I did a design that following the line of the blocks but I'm not sure about the quantities of unquilted space. It is definitely enough quilting to hold it together, but this might have worked better with an allover design. Or maybe not....

I did the quilting a couple of weeks ago but it took me a while to get around to sewing the binding down. And now my sewing machine is trapped in the repair shop! I took it in for a service a couple of weeks ago and the technician was in Queensland and unable to get back ... but I dropped it off anyway thinking it would be four weeks instead of the usual two, and now we've gone into lockdown so who knows when I will be reunited with my favourite object! I do have another one of course but it's not as good. 

But I will not despair, I have another hobby now. Which I am terrible at, but will pick up the courage to show you photos before too long....


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you say, "I have another one of course." Oh yes, everyone has two sewing machines... Very curious about your new hobby. Pottery? Knitting? Crochet? Painting?

    ReplyDelete