Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Catching up - I made a shirt

Here's a bit of catch-up blogging, to show off the top I made when I was at the beach at the start of the month. It is a very simple tunic top, from a very old pattern (early 1990s?) where I've made the skirt a hundred times but never the top. Until now.


I got the cotton in Delhi, when the delegation was looking at more typical souvenirs and I snuck off to the fabric section to speed buy a few things. Amazing how quickly I can make purchasing decisions when the pressure is on!



There is really not much to say about this top; it has no shaping or darts, a standard neckline and hem. The only change I made was to add the sleeve bands - originally it was cut all in one piece but I didn't have quite enough fabric if I also wanted to show off the border print (which I did!), so I cut separate sleeve bands and sewed them on. I think it looks OK, for a casual top.



Check out my fashion model posing. Might stick to my day job.

1 comment: