Monday, August 6, 2018

Like a fiesta

This is the quilt top I've been working on lately - inspired by Freddy Moran again - or at least just by a part of a quilt that I saw on an old blog post when looking for something else entirely. It's about halfway down the post ... isn't it such an explosion of colour? Inspirational.



My version is a bit tidier. I wasn't game to have things on too much of an angle, and the joining strips are a uniform size. So it lacks a bit of character, but the colour more than makes it for it. It was a very fun quilt to make! Can you tell I'm jealous of my sister and her husband who are currently on holiday in Mexico? That is a very exotic place for us antipodeans to holiday, and they are putting up heaps of photos full of colour and fun. Like a fiesta.

2 comments:

  1. Love it - so much movement and great colour combos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness me, that's a lot of triangles. You are amazing. I sympathise about the job. I hope you get it, if you want it. Oh dear, my baby granddaughter is yelling, at 23.11, hours after she went to bed. It sounds so pitiful and then in the morning, she's all smiles. Our daughter and SIL are going in and out and making soothing noises. Oh, there she goes again...

    ReplyDelete