Sunday, December 23, 2012

String piecing

I don't know what brought this on but I felt like some plain old string piecing. On paper. It's not really strings because I used 2 1/2" strips, so they are all the same width, and I'm doing 16 lights and 20 darks and then I'll put them together somehow. Normally I find these blocks really boring to make, but for some reason, they are hitting the spot at the moment.



Here's a light one. And below is the back of a dark one before I take the paper off.


I ripped all the paper off while watching TV - it's a good brainless task to do while plonked on the sofa. Zelda the Fattest Cat in the World thought that I was making all these little strips of paper for her amusement. Every time I added one to the pile she claimed it with a big sharp claw ... and every few minutes, just for fun, she'd rustle them all up and bite them. When I was finished and wanted to tidy everything up I had to get my husband to lure her to another room (with food of course) or she would have ripped my arm off.

1 comment: