Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Arty things

I am still enjoying my art classes - and possibly showing some improvement? it is hard to know. The best thing is always Fred the failed service dog. I try to get decent photos but he is always either having a cuddle, or coming in for a cudddle, or cruising for a cuddle. Such a good boy.



I am still trying to do people. People are really hard, especially if you want them to look like themselves. This painting is fine, but it doesn't look anything like the photo I used as a reference ... which is why I'm not going to show it to you. We will call this Imaginary Man.


I didn't know what to do one lesson so the teacher suggested dancers, for movement. So I just did dancers! How much fun ... some are good, most are terrible, but it was interesting to do. So many options in how you put their limbs, and very hard to show where those limbs are, especially in monotone.


In paint-related news, this is the colour the consultant suggested we paint the house. I had sent through photos, including the studio, and she suggested we choose a colour related to the studio but much less saturated and much cooler. 


It looks very yellow in this photo - especially against the white undercoat -  but in some lights it looks cream, and in other lights almost green. She also suggested one of the million whites for the frames, and a nice grey for the fascias ... and a bright red for the front door. The red does look fabulous but I'm not sure if it's what I want to do. Given that we might have to paint the house ourselves for poverty reasons, there is absolutely no rush to make any decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment