Thursday, August 6, 2026

Drawing people

I'm struggling on with trying to get proper likenesses of people. I found this photo on the internet - earth's world, who takes candid photos of americans at county fairs. All sorts, as you can imagine, and then people turn them into art! I'm trying to draw this guy, in pastels. What a great face.

At the end of the first art class he was looking like this. I have moved every line in his face about five times, to try and get the proportions right, and it's still off. 

This is the end of the second art class. A bit more going on, but will still need at least another couple of hours before I am finished (or before I get fed up, which is more likely). 

I'm only working on it in class, to try and not make any disastrous mistakes. Faces are hard!

I left home very early on Saturday morning to go to a destash sale back in Canberra. Selling, not buying; still trying to offload some of the donated fabric that the quilters have. It went very well - we came home with at least two empty tubs and made just over $300. And we know it went to good homes, which is the main point. No use just sitting in boxes at the quilter's shed.

It was minus three degrees when I left and the fat cow that had been parked in the neighbour's paddock next to the driveway had turned into one less fat cow and one cute calf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment