Wednesday, May 8, 2024

More Norfolk Island

Here are some more photos of Norfolk Island and - worryingly - my interpretation of the scenery. I bought a new sketchbook to take over with high ambitions (too high, 24 pages is too many for one week) but it is a lovely little book with very nice paper, so that's good. The actual sketches? Marginal.

This is where we stayed - I painted it once from the front and once from the back - once kind of realistic and once all Ian Fennelly splashy. I like the splashy.

This is the view from the back of the Sirius museum, which I actually started while I was sitting there, which is something I want to get more comfortable doing. It feels awkward to draw in the open air, and I have to get over myself. But the perspective is better than if I had tried to draw it just from the photograph. The buildings look closer in real life than they do in the photo.

And this is the same buildings looking back the other way. My cows are terrible. I wanted to give them a go because there are so many cows about and they are quite pretty in their own way ... but mine are not good. The one on the left looks like a person in a cow suit.



And another historic-type building.



2 comments:

  1. Cool to have another way of remembering your holiday as well as the photos, I love them. I do agree with your comment about the cow though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know me. (Kind of.) I'm bowled over by your drawing.

    ReplyDelete