Wednesday, March 20, 2024

My muscles hurt

I went for a perfectly normal walk on Sunday - about 12 km or so - and could hardly wiggle out of bed on Monday morning. This is what happens when you don't walk for a couple of months because it's too hot, or boring, or whatever ... my butt muscles and the backs of my thighs are still screaming, three days later. That is very soft, and I need to do more exercise. 

It has been hot though. Sunday was lovely and mild - even a little bit of rain. Not exactly sure I could say it's autumn yet, but definitely not a heatwave.

We met up with friends for brunch on Saturday, fortuitously next to the art supply place, so I picked up a couple of things that I didn't really need. I am trying not to buy stuff at the moment for financial and space reasons, and I'm generally doing OK. I filled and then emptied two on-line carts of fabric yesterday, which is very good of me. I am circling several leather tote bags (I need a new tote, my go-to is crumbling, so this is an approved purchase(i.e. approved by me, no-one else cares)) but only online because Canberra shops are hopeless. Can you buy a bag online? I feel like I want to heft it up and wave it around, because that's important.... 

1 comment: