Wednesday, December 22, 2021

A quieter week

Last week was not at all quiet - four lunches, two morning teas and a dinner out for the recent graduate! And that is the end of school, how peculiar. They limited the graduation to one guest per child so I dropped him off and then my husband sat through the ceremony and dropped him in at work after. I watched it over the wonders of the internet, so no photos, sadly.

He got top of the class in beginners Spanish and also got a principal's award, not academic, just for being awesome, which I think is pretty cool (the principal gives out two a year). He was the student rep on the school board for both years, and the principal said some lovely things about him. Now we just wait for results, which are out in January, but he has been accepted into his uni course (theatre! could definitely see that one coming) via audition so the actual score isn't important any more. Well, not for university, I am still quite curious.

This is a photo from the cafe at the front of the building - the only one still open for my afternoon coffee, out in the public area with the tourists. Not that there are many of them! But even a few is lovely, after the building being shut off for so long. Generally this week we are being much quieter, both at work and at home. Omicron is gathering steam in Australia so I will get my booster shot tomorrow but otherwise what can you do. I am already trying to stay away from people and have no plans for travelling anywhere other than the beach ... I can't see anyone being interested in a lockdown over the holidays. 

1 comment:

  1. You must be very proud of your boys. Pity that some girls are about to come and carry them off... Sigh. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete