Wednesday, June 24, 2020

A couple of walks

It rained and rained on the weekend - which was much needed - so I got in the first walk early on Saturday before it came in.



I did it in a t-shirt! It was clear and just a little bit of humidity that let you know a change in the weather was on its way.



And then the rain came down, the fire was lit and friends came over for drinks and cheeeeeeese. It was lovely, but meant I felt like I needed another walk on Sunday. I did the East Basin walk, which I hadn't done in its entirety before. It's 9 km loop around the eastern edge of Lake Burley Griffin.



It was cold and bleak and windy but the real downpours scuttled around to the south and I only got a light sprinkling.



The walk goes through part of the Jerrabomberra wetlands where we went with friends in April - it is looking much more wintry now.



In the distance you can see people playing kayak basketball (I just googled and it's actually called canoe polo, the horses must be invisible under the water! Boom boom). When I think about the water temperature and the air temperature and the rain all I can say is that it is NOT a sport for June. Not at all.



1 comment:

  1. So strange to think that June is your winter. I know it is but have to remind myself. June is so midsummer!

    ReplyDelete