Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Chained and pacified

I had a UB40 earworm when sewing the binding on this quilt so it's called Chained and Pacified - largely because I googled the lyrics to King for the first time, and suddenly it all made so much sense to me! But it also made it stick in my head much more, which is bad. The quilt itself is another medallion quilt, in slightly unexpected colours for me. I took these photos a couple of weeks ago when there was still smoke but haven't had a chance to post them yet, what with the conference and all.



The centre fabric is about a half-metre that I picked up at the de-stash sale in the middle of the year for $2. It is very cute, with owls, so I built the quilt around it. The colours are not my normal bright clear colours at all - bluey-pink, grey, beige and purple - but I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Classier than the normal yellow!



It's allover quilted in a swirly thing, and there's a few dyed fabrics in there too, where I had exactly the right purply-pink shade. The colours aren't quite right in the photo because of the weird orange light. You can see in the photo below that although the quilt is clear, the trees over the road are hazy, and you couldn't see the hills behind at all. It was horrible, but clearer now, and we even had some rain ... accompanied by a horrific hail storm, which is a story of its own for another day....

2 comments:

  1. que presioso Lynley te felicito muy bonito blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the colours. And look at all those triangles!

    ReplyDelete